North Carolina!
Well, after almost 3 weeks of living here and almost 2 weeks of teaching, I can still honestly say that I love it here! I am sitting here after school, sipping a caramel macchiato that Darcen made for me, and looking out our back window overlooking the woods behind our apartment complex. It is a typical day...muggy, sunny, and about 35 degrees Celsius. But I am loving the weather and am grateful that I'm not bracing for the winter in Edmonton!
My students have been fantastic...seriously, they are little angels. I get called "ma'am" and am treated so respectfully. I have never seen kids like this! It's wonderful! I love my job and the staff that I work with too. I am settling in and will be starting a drama club next week. There are still differences that I'm encountering here, but nothing that has been stressful. Although apparently all new staff need to be drug tested and finger-printed. That's on the agenda next week. Love it.
Anyway, I recommend for anyone to come visit! We are a short 3 hour drive to the ocean! We already hit up Myrtle Beach last weekend and body surfed in the ocean, ate foot long hotdogs, and camped on the beach! It was amazing! We are already planning future trips to take soon...Ashville to see the Blitmore Estate (biggest mansion in North America), the Outer Banks for more body surfing (or maybe surfing!), Raleigh/Durham for NCAA b-ball, and Charlotte and Atlanta for some professional sports! And eventually New York. The list goes on...I am enjoying what life is bringing us here, and can't wait to see what happens next!
The classroom wall...part of my program is being a cultural ambassador for my country. I already have my kids loving Canada and our Rocky Mountains. And they are now yearning for the West Edmonton Mall experience. :)
My students have been fantastic...seriously, they are little angels. I get called "ma'am" and am treated so respectfully. I have never seen kids like this! It's wonderful! I love my job and the staff that I work with too. I am settling in and will be starting a drama club next week. There are still differences that I'm encountering here, but nothing that has been stressful. Although apparently all new staff need to be drug tested and finger-printed. That's on the agenda next week. Love it.
Anyway, I recommend for anyone to come visit! We are a short 3 hour drive to the ocean! We already hit up Myrtle Beach last weekend and body surfed in the ocean, ate foot long hotdogs, and camped on the beach! It was amazing! We are already planning future trips to take soon...Ashville to see the Blitmore Estate (biggest mansion in North America), the Outer Banks for more body surfing (or maybe surfing!), Raleigh/Durham for NCAA b-ball, and Charlotte and Atlanta for some professional sports! And eventually New York. The list goes on...I am enjoying what life is bringing us here, and can't wait to see what happens next!






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home