Sunday, June 01, 2008

May Update!

I thought there was no better way to start this post then to put up a picture of Phil. Camping over May long weekend was filled with a lot of fun with some good friends and I must say, the highlight for me was when Phil proudly wore this "historic" one-piece bathing suit from the Banff Hot Springs. I've never seen him so confident and happy.

Here's the group! Mark & Jess, Brody & Jodie, Phil & Jana, Mike & Tiff, and Darc & I!


This past weekend, Darcen convocated with two degrees from University! I am so proud of him! He got Great Distinction for his Management degree and Distinction for his History degree (notice the cords). I am so lucky to be married to this good-looking, brilliant, motivated, kind, thoughtful, caring man. Can you tell how in love I still am? And I think I should mention, he also just got a promotion where he's working.

As well, Jon (my brother-in-law) convocated too! I am also proud to say that he already landed himself a fantastic teaching job, beating out many applicants. Jon, you are going to do amazing at your new school this fall!

The graduates.

Another highlight of the weekend was Amber's visit to Lethbridge! Stephen, I made sure you were in the picture because we all wished that you were there too.

Amber, thanks for the good times. I loved hanging out with you and will now always have an image of you tinkling the glass at the wedding even when it was clearly unsuccessful from the beginning. :)

Lastly, and not as exciting, Cheryl, Allison and I concocted a "Citrus Salt Scrub" after having manicures. This little mixture is made up of orange rind/peels, baby oil and Epsom salts. You can use this in a bath or to use on your hands/body. I love it!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:48 AM, Blogger Lowell & Julie said…

    Congratulations to the graduates!

    Carlynne just graduated as well (from med), so I'll be doing a little grad post soon too!

    Are you going into business with your citrus salt scrub? Looks like it could be a successful product. :)

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Stephen and Amber said…

    I loved hanging out on the weekend and my scrub is almost gone. I might try lime peels next!

    Talk soon,
    Amber

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Julie - Tell Carlynne congrats! That's so exciting. :)

    As for the citrus scrub, I think I need to perfect the recipe before I start a business. But I love it all the same! We should get together sometime for another Tuscan and you can try some out. :)

    Amber - It was great to see you too! Let me know how the lime works out. Love ya!

     
  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger Lowell & Julie said…

    I'm in!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home