Weekend in Banff!
I was fortunate enough to have the day off of work on Friday, so Darcen took the day off too and we headed out to Banff. The weather was absolutely gorgeous...about 15C and no wind. Perfect for hiking and wandering around the town!
This was the cute little cedar cabin that we stayed at. It was so rustic and even had a wood burning fireplace...so charming and romantic! BUT...the sad thing is, the owner told us that these cabins will soon be gone as a new owner will be building time shares in their place. What?? The nerve...
This was the first hike that we did; Stoney Squaw Mountain. We stuck our walking sticks in the snow when we got to the top.
It was fantastic view!
Later we took a nice walk along the river in the town of Banff.
Today we stumbled upon a free lunch for the grand opening of a new organic supermarket. Lucky us! We feasted on hot dogs, hamburgers and many appetizers. It was great!
This was the cute little cedar cabin that we stayed at. It was so rustic and even had a wood burning fireplace...so charming and romantic! BUT...the sad thing is, the owner told us that these cabins will soon be gone as a new owner will be building time shares in their place. What?? The nerve...
It was fantastic view!
Later we took a nice walk along the river in the town of Banff..jpg)
There is nothing like drinking the water from a waterfall. Yes, I know there is a chance I will contract the beaver fever, but that's a risk I am willing to take. :)
.jpg)
I am already looking forward to Banff again in a few weeks...this time with a big group of good friends. I can't wait!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



1 Comments:
At 1:30 PM,
Stephen and Amber said…
awesome post!
I can't believe that they are ripping down those cabins...i love them!
No pictures in the hot springs?
Post a Comment
<< Home