Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Darcen's birthday weekend!

This past weekend, Darcen turned 24! We decided to take a trip to Drumheller for a couple days to celebrate his birthday.

While we were driving, Darcen spied this cute little critter. So we stopped to take a closer look.

Darcen was adventurous enough to get a VERY close look. Too close for my comfort!

We took a little detour to see the world's largest lamp in Donalda.

This charming building was across the big lamp.

Once we reached Drumheller, we detoured to check out a little town called Wayne. We crossed 11 wooden bridges like this one driving less than 6 km. Very cool!

The "Last Chance Saloon" was in the town of Wayne. The owner was very proud to tell us about all the music videos and movies than were filmed there. "Shanghai noon" with Jackie Chan was partially filmed at this location!

Here I am, hanging out with some locals.

Right outside of Drumheller, we walked across this suspension bridge and then climbed to the top of the hill. It was very muddy, but Darcen saved me from falling more than once. :)



Our trip wouldn't be complete without a trip to the Royal Tyrrell Museum. I am totally fascinated by dinosaurs, so I loved the experience!

On our way to the Rosebud Dinner Theatre, we stopped at Horseshoe Canyon to take a look at the view. It is beautiful! I definitely recommend checking it out.

We got home sooner than we had planned on, so on Monday we took a little road trip northeast of Edmonton to check out more of the "world's largest" attractions. This is a big mallard duck at Andrew.

We saw the mushrooms at Vilna.

And the pumpkins at Smoky Lake.

It was a WONDERFUL weekend with Darcen! I honestly feel like I am the luckiest girl in the world to be married to him. Happy birthday Darc!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home