Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Magical Weekend in Jasper!


Darcen and I got home today from a perfect, romantic weekend getaway to Jasper! It was so nice to take a break from our busy lives to just enjoy being together. I've never been to Jasper before, and Darcen hasn't been there since he was a kid, so it was so fun to explore a new place! We did 3 incredibly beautiful hikes, saw a lot of wildlife, ate some fabulous Greek food (whose owners are directly from Greece), soaked in an outdoor hot tub in a gazebo and sipped some coffees as we strolled around town.

I must say, I came home even more in love with my husband. I am one lucky girl!


These photos were taken at Athabasca Falls.


We built a cute little inukshuck.

This is at Maligne Canyon. I highly recommend going there! The canyon is incredible!

This was at Pyramid Lake. Apparently, a lone wolf lives on the island. But we didn't see him. :(


Lastly, here are some the wildlife we saw.



Yes, I know coyotes are common to see in the prairies, but it was still cool to see them in the mountians. We actually saw 3 at different times!

We are already looking forward to going to Jasper again sometime!!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home