New experiences
When Darcen and I were in Greensboro, we saw Obama and Biden at a rally. It was so neat to see the enthusiasm of the people and the feel the electricity in the air. It seemed like after every other sentence Obama spoke, the crowd would start a chant or start cheering at full volume. I am so glad we went to this! I definitely felt like I was experiencing American politics at its finest.



This is where our place in line was. So my actual view of Obama was only a quick glimse every so often, as people's raised arms and heads blocked my view. And the fact that there were over 10,000 people ahead of us. But that still didn't take away from this experience! It was amazing!
Yesterday we took a day trip to the Appalachian Mountains and had an incredible day filled with hiking and exploring a cavern.

This was at the top of a hike called the Rough Ridge. It was a breathtaking view of the Appalachian Moutains, also called the Blue Ridge. There really is a blue haze lifting off the mountains and we could see for miles!



We went for a tour of an old cavern in the side of a mountain. I have taught students about stalactites and stalagmites, so it was nice to actually see them for real! It was so cool to wander underground so see how water has carved tunnels and formed amazing shapes in the walls.

So I am not really scared off snakes and spiders, but I do not like rodents of any kind (rats, mice, ferrets, etc.) No offense if you have one. Anyway, I was totally creeped out of this bat! Darcen was brave enough to lift the camera up high to take a picture of it, but I kept my distance. Thank goodness the little critter was sleeping!


This is where our place in line was. So my actual view of Obama was only a quick glimse every so often, as people's raised arms and heads blocked my view. And the fact that there were over 10,000 people ahead of us. But that still didn't take away from this experience! It was amazing!
Yesterday we took a day trip to the Appalachian Mountains and had an incredible day filled with hiking and exploring a cavern.

This was at the top of a hike called the Rough Ridge. It was a breathtaking view of the Appalachian Moutains, also called the Blue Ridge. There really is a blue haze lifting off the mountains and we could see for miles!



We went for a tour of an old cavern in the side of a mountain. I have taught students about stalactites and stalagmites, so it was nice to actually see them for real! It was so cool to wander underground so see how water has carved tunnels and formed amazing shapes in the walls.So I am not really scared off snakes and spiders, but I do not like rodents of any kind (rats, mice, ferrets, etc.) No offense if you have one. Anyway, I was totally creeped out of this bat! Darcen was brave enough to lift the camera up high to take a picture of it, but I kept my distance. Thank goodness the little critter was sleeping!




2 Comments:
At 7:09 PM,
Lowell & Julie said…
It must be crazy experiencing the american presidential race first hand. There's always stuff about it here in NZ- a lot of Kiwis follow it pretty closely apparently!
Oh and you look SUPER in the sepia picture. I think you should blow it up and frame it. I might!! :)
At 3:53 PM,
Susan said…
It is crazy...but so fun to watch! Nothing like Canada at all.
Thanks for the compliment. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home