Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Weekend Trips

My posts have been far and few between lately, but don't worry, I always come back. :) I have a soft spot for the blogging world and I love keeping up with the few blogs that still exist. Even though I enjoy Facebook...it's just not the same as blogging.

I have been here in Concord for just over a month and it already kind of feels like home. The warmth of the people at my school and kindness of strangers has made this transition much easier. And I'm so glad I'm sharing this adventure with Darcen...he has been incredibly supportive and excited to move here to try something new. I am so lucky to have him in my life.

We have had some cool adventures already...a few fun day/weekend trips. We've been to the beach, and most recently, Raleigh/Durham and Atlanta. There is so much to explore here!

So first of all, here are some pictures from Raleigh and Durham!

The Duke Chapel at Duke University. It's so beautiful!


Catching a Duke vs. Navy football game.


Spontaneously deciding to do a 2 mile cancer walk in Raleigh.


Enjoying free Starbucks.


This past weekend, we went to Atlanta. It is a gorgeous city!


Checking out Martin Luther King's birth home.


Drinking unlimited Coke at the Coke Museum. Yes, I drank a little too much.



I almost got hit in the head with this propelled T-shirt because I wasn't paying attention to the pre-game activities. Fortunately, we still managed to grab it and it fit Darcen perfectly!


CNN tour.


Doing an AWESOME hike...Stone Mountain just outside of Atlanta. This mountain was a volcano that erupted many years ago, which is why the whole mountain is stone!


The carvings on the side of the mountain.

So that pretty much sums it up. I could put up more pictures and tell more stories, but I'm tired, and really, this blog is long enough. I hope you all are doing well!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger Lowell & Julie said…

    Unlimited Coke at the Coke museum...that sounds more appealing than unlimited SPAM at the SPAM museum! Several years ago, Lowell and I went to the SPAM museum in Minnesota. It was extremely entertaining and they had an insane amount of SPAM products, but the stuff itself is ridiculously disgusting. When we got home, my Dad thought we had a special spot in our hearts (and stomachs) for SPAM, so instead of buying the requested ham for the pizza we were making, he bought SPAM. We made it anyway....and it was GROSS. Like, I'd rather eat someone else's vomit type of gross. That's why coke appeals to me more than SPAM!

    But I think the free Starbucks beats all!

     
  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger Lowell & Julie said…

    PS- I'm glad you're making a nice little home for yourselves in North Carolina and enjoying your adventure. I love reading your updates (I agree that facebook can NOT replace the good ol' blogging community:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home