Birthday Weekend!
Today is a big day! It's both Darcen and Skyler's birthday! Unfortunately, we are a couple thousand miles from Skyler so we aren't able to celebrate in person, but happy bithday little bro! We miss you and wish we could make this a joint celebration. We are so proud to call you our brother and we hope you have a great day!

To celebrate Darcen's birthday, we went out for steak and ate SO much! Just when we thought it was impossible to eat another bite, the waitress brought us this fish bowl filled with brownies and ice cream! So of course we had not choice but to eat it. It was delicious!
This past weekend, we drove up to Virginia to start off the bithday festivities. We stayed at a cute cabin with a fireplace at Smith Mountain Lake State Park. It was such a perfect, romantic weekend, and it felt so nice to get away and just relax. We enjoyed cuddling up by the fire, doing some beautiful hikes, exploring a new town, and trying out a fantastic little diner. It was just one of those weekends where I came home feeling even more in love and grateful that I have a husband like Darcen. What a wonderful weekend!

This is the diner where we loved the food. I have to say, I have previously been sketched out by the southern "white gravy," but after this experience of eating chicken fried steak with gravy, I am converted. I love it! Don't worry, I'll eat it in moderation. :)

Darcen is busy answering his birthday phone calls, but the night is still young. Fortunately I had a teacher work day today, so all my prep is done. I am pumped to spend the rest of the night celebrating with Darc...have a great evening, all!







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home