Sunday, March 19, 2006

I still love Timmy's


After all my venting, I have realized that I was being too pessimistic towards the Tim Horton's franchise. Sure, it's a sad moment when I consistently lose, time after time, but there's always hope of tomorrow. I will always love the smooth taste of a large double double, and always be excited for my next Boston Creme doughnut, or my current favourite, the Honey Cruiller. So, my friends, Tim Horton's will still remain a part of my life, despite the fact that I've now had 6 coffees with no wins. I will still hold love in my heart towards Timmy's.

So, it was an exciting day on Friday...the Galt will actually work out fine. It was all a misunderstanding after all...thank goodness. Other wedding news...Darcen and I are leaning towards having the ceremony in the church now...we've pretty much made up our mind. But who knows, we tend to change our mind about wedding details from time to time, so it's hard to tell what the final result will be. But then again, the wedding is in less than 4 months, so we'll have a pretty concrete plan soon.

Well, I'm going to go eat something...and then church tonight...I love how relaxing Sundays are. :)

8 Comments:

  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    I, too, definately share your love of Timmy's, Susan. There really is no other coffee like it. And don't try to buy the Tim's brand and make it at home... cause it won't be the same. Must be the water or something...

    Have a great week!

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Becky said…

    I love Timmy's too. Three years ago, on the last day of the "roll up the rim", A bunch of us were stranded in the Edmonton Airport b/c Calgary was snowed in, and the Tim's in the airport gave us a huge stack of leftover cups, like 2 feet long! Anyway, even with about 40 cups, we only got one muffin out of the deal. But their honey cruillers and french vanilla's and iced caps have fully redeemed the company, with the enjoyment I get from them.

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Alexa said…

    HOOOOORAY! I'm so glad the Galt is gonna work out!!! I was gonna plow down this side of the church gym and build windows if the Galt bailed out! Haha. And the ceremony in the church will be grand. I'm a little saddened about the lack of the outdoors...but we will take pictures outside and we can just pretend we were there all day!! And hey the three most important guarantees you will have are:
    3) no mosquitos
    2) no wind
    1) You and Darcen will be MARRIED!

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow!! I love how wedding plans change like the wind!! If you didn't have this blog, I am pretty sure I would never know what in the world was going on! (And I really don't live that far away!)
    Yay for the GALT! Pretty much the prettiest by far...

    And Timmy's...definately an addiction! And unlike the lottery, even if you never win, you always get the coffee!

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger Chryslyn said…

    i love the drama! hang in there susan your day will come... even if its roll up the rim 2012.

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Jessi said…

    I would have to disagree with Erin on the take home Timmy's. It's my absolute favorite, I always get the really big can... hmm, that might have had something to do with my caffeine problem...
    It's exciting to hear that all your wedding plans are coming together!!

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Stephen and Amber said…

    I heard through the grape vine that you won today...a free coffee! Perhaps a retraction is in order? I enjoyed hearing about the bridemaid adventures from my mom. It sounds like you have great luck and mom raved about the color, the cut, and the shirts. Looking forward to the engagment pictures as well!

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Tracey & Chad said…

    I don't look at it as losing. I mean... at least they want you to play again! AND they say please!! ;) How fun! (I've never won anything from Tim's yet... I'm holding out for the plasma tv)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home