Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A great weekend!


This past weekend, Darcen's parents came up to Edmonton for a couple days and we had such a good time. We saw a little U of A volleyball, which was really good and we enjoyed a hot dog during the games. As Darcen always says, "There's nothing like a hot dog during a sporting event." I agree. :)

And as you can see in the pictures, we spent quite a bit of time walking around the city..there's a lot of beautiful sites to see! We also hit up West Ed and it was bustling with shoppers and we found some great deals. And lastly, we saw "Marie Antoinette" which we all agreed was definitely worth our time. It was filmed in Versailles and the costumes were so intricate and gorgeous...I recommend this movie to anyone!

Anyways, thanks Trevor and Cheryl for coming up to see us! We are now looking forward to Christmas...in just over a month we'll be down south again!

6 Comments:

  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Lowell & Julie said…

    Wasn't it AMAZING to have a super long weekend? It still went by retardedly fast, but it was great.
    I got your message about my email address, and I posted it, but then Lowell told me to take it off so I wouldn't get spam (cuz that would suck). SOoooo... maybe I'll get Kylie to get your email address from Amber or something.... sneaky sneaky hey?

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger Joelle said…

    You have a ton of snow! Wow! No wonder you were reminiscing those summer days. I just want to say that I completely agree that there is nothing like a good hot dog! That's fine dining right there!

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Julie...sounds good! We'll figure it out! And Jo, seriously, a loaded chili dog is one of my favourite things in the world. I just don't want to think about what's in the hot dog. :)

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Joelle said…

    the finest "meat" ever invented

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So much fun! The long weekend is always wonderful and having Darcen's parents there sounded like it was great!

    Speaking of not thinking about what's in hotdogs, one time by brother found an artery (very clearly defined) in his hotdog! Completely sick and even thinking of it now makes me gag! I was convinced that I would never eat them again...then I realized that I was too weak... Of course I'm back eating them! Who could resist a good hot dog...regardless of what's in them! :)

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger Stephen and Amber said…

    Glad it such a great weekend! Can't wait to see you guys!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home