Monday, October 16, 2006

Happy times

Even though Thanksgiving was a week ago from today, I thought I would post on all the things I'm thankful for. So many good things!!

1. God..the foundation of both mine and Darcen's life, and of our relationship.

2. My husband, Darcen. It was 3 months already on Saturday, and I can't believe how fast time flies. I truly feel like I couldn't ask for more. Darcen is so incredibly thoughtful and caring. He makes our lunches almost everyday, cooks me creative meals, pushes me to be all that I can be, makes me laugh with his spontaneity, allows me to be myself, and makes me happier than I've ever been in my life. I could go on and on, but it would take way too long. What a lucky girl I am...I am so thankful for Darcen.

3. My family and new family. I am so thankful for the siblings and parents that I have. It is such a blessing to have such a supportive and loving family. As well, I feel so lucky to be so welcomed into my new family with such open arms. I love them all and feel like a real part of the family already.

4. My friends...too many to name, but you know who you are!! Thanks for being such a part of my life, even though I'm all the way up in Edmonton! It's made this transition so easy.

5. Edmonton, our new city! I'm so thankful for such a beautiful and fun city to live in. There is so much to do here and Darcen and I both love living in an NHL city, especially Edmonton, since it's both of our favourite teams. We've both felt like we've had no time to feel lonely with all the things to do here!

I would say those are the top 5 things I'm thankful for! Sorry for the sapfest, but I woke up this morning feeling especially sentimental about the world that I live in. :) I just felt I needed to take a moment to reflect on all the goodness in my life right now. I hope you all have a wonderful week!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger bryde said…

    Susan, i think you are great.

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Stephen and Amber said…

    I am so gld that everything is going so well in Edmonton and that you and Darcen are loving the married life!

    You really are one of the family Sue!
    Love you!

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Susan...Being thankful is always so super important! Yesterday I was stressed so I played the thankful game with Jo. It's not hard...all you do is list all the things you are thankful for back and forth! In the end, you end up feeling much, much better! Thanks for the inspiration!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home