Monday, September 04, 2006

So proud...

As Amber already posted on her blog, Darcen just started his new job! I have to say, I'm very proud of him. He's such a motivated guy, and I'm so glad that he found a job that is so well suited for him.

On a side note, Darcen and I had a great time this weekend with Allison coming up to visit. She's so sweet and fun to be around...we had a blast with her at the West Ed Waterpark, Fort Edmonton, rollerblading, watching movies, and sight-seeing.

So when Darcen was at work on Friday, Allison and I were driving around the downtown, when suddenly we saw a sign that read, "Whitney Houston and the Bloodlines." We were so pumped and were like, "WOW! I can't believe Whitney Houston is here!" So all afternoon, we couldn't stop talking about how great our luck was and we couldn't wait to tell Darcen and to get tickets and check out the concert later that night.



Once we got home, we started checking out websites to find the concert, when all of a sudden we came across a site with the words, "Whitey Houston and the Bloodlines." For some reason, we had failed to notice that there was no "n" in Whitey. So alas, we didn't go to Whitney Houston, or Whitey Houston (we checked out some clips and it was a little too hard-core for our tastes). But who knows, maybe we should have gave Whitey a chance...they look like nice guys. :)



4 Comments:

  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger Chryslyn said…

    ... maybe you can catch them next time:)
    Congrats on the job Darcen! Good luck with school Susan!

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Alexa said…

    That is great. It would have been funny if you actually went to the show!! Ah well! It was SUPER talking to you on monday, and we'll have to do it again sometime!!

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Alexa said…

    P.S. I updated my blog for you!!

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Stephen and Amber said…

    I would have loved to hear the stories of you guys belting out "I Will Always Love You." I agree with Alexa though, it would have been really funny if you had gone to the show, expecting Whitney and then this band steps out. Fun times!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home