Friday, August 18, 2006

Settling into Edmonton life

Well, we're up here in Edmonton and feeling pretty settled. It's such a charming city and we've loved exploring it. Yesterday was the opening of the Internatinoal Fringe Festival, which will be on from August 17-27. Darcen and I were exploring the Fringe yesterday, and we found out that it will be having 126 indoor shows and 15 outdoor shows as well as a lot of buskers, artisans and crafts people. We managed to score free tickets to a show tonight that's called "Letters from War." Should be a good time! We can't wait. This is a picture of the bustling street in Old Strathcona where the Fringe is.



On a side note, I've started the daunting task of writing thank-you cards to everyone who has given a shower gift, stagette gift, and wedding gift. So far today, I've written 7 cards...yep, I can see this will be a work in progress because I am so easily distractable. As in writing a blog instead of writing thank-you's. :) Yet I am still determined to get motivated and finish these bad boys.



Anyways, I am going to get back on task! I hope you all are doing well...come visit this old married couple! We would love to have any of you stay with us if you ever come up..take care!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Alexa said…

    good to talk to you today friend!! Sorry about the creepy little rodents....but don't worry, I shall devise a plan when I come up! Muahahaaaa! Miss you lots and can't wait for the 15th!!!

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Stephen and Amber said…

    left a message just now on your answering machine..maybe Alexa is hogging the phone time..hee, hee.

    Anyways, looks so neat and can't wait to talk to you. I am thinking you must have internet now so maybe a webcam moment in the future...

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Jenessa Fowke said…

    Hey there fellow Edmontonians. I'm glad you are enjoying the city. I ventured out last night to the fringe too and split a gut watching he "Genericlies". I would totally recommend it. (Stage 11, I think...it's on the website.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home