Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Hooray for the working world!

Although I love university...I must admit, it's pretty nice to sit back and relax and not worry about finals for a change. It's been nice to relax at home with my parents and Berkley (although I'm not used to being apart from Darcen...I miss him!) and take a little trip up to Medicine Hat, grab a Timmy's and just enjoy a day of wedding planning and shopping.

It was very successful yesterday at the bridal shop...my dress is now pinned to be fitted by a seamstress, and I pretty much finished buying all the wedding accessories that I need. I just got home from my Grandma's a few minutes ago, and she gave me my "something old and something blue." :) I had hardly walked inside to say hello, when my Grandma snuck away to grab something out of her closet. The next thing I knew, she hands me her garter in a pretty little box from her wedding, which is still in immaculate shape with a trim of blue lace. So sweet of her!

Well, I'm back to Lethbridge in just under an hour...and I will continue to enjoy my week off, while at the same time, feel sorry for all you people with your hard-core studying to do. Good luck all!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's nice of you to feel sorry and not to laugh at our misfortune!!!

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Stephen and Amber said…

    hey,
    we just said bye to my parents and have arrived home! We had a great time and we have sent both you and Darcen's gift with them. We will find out when you are at our house and we will give you a call for your birthday!!

    It was great to catch up on you and Darcen's news. We are getting really excited for the summer and I loved the color of fabric that you picked out. I love that color of green!

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Chryslyn said…

    Hey susan, wanna study for me? No actually we should go for a run or walk soon. Have a awesome week off and I will hopefully run into you soon :)

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the add by the way...

     
  • At 6:00 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    i really enjoyed not having finals too. Being done school rocks!!!

    Glad to hear your week was productive!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home