Another Observed Interaction
As the following scene occured only moments ago, I am confident that the following dialogue is completely factual.
I am studying in a large computer lab. Fellow students surround me, perhaps about 30 or so. Sitting at a computer directly in front of me is a girl with long brown hair and a stylish hoodie, probably around 20 (we'll call her Jill).
Enters large man with white hair, a bristly beard, a pug nose, and a plaid jacket (we'll call him Ed. Because he looks like an Ed).
With confident steps, he boldly approaches Jill until he is standing directly in front of her.
*Keep in mind that throughout this entire dialogue, Ed is speaking at a volume so the majority of the room can hear what he is saying.
Ed: Do you know what your mother is going to say when I tell her you never came home last night?
Jill: (Cowering, she mumbles an inaudbile response)
Ed: What were you doing last night?
Jill: (She continues to cower. I cannot hear her response)
Ed: If you don't tell me, your mother is definitely going to hear that you didn't come home last night.
She turns to look at her father. I catch a glimpse of her profile. Her face is red and angry.
Jill: (Mumbles a response)
Ed: Well, all I can say is, you better be coming home for supper tonight.
Ed growls and mumbles and plops down in an empty seat, two away from Jill. Apparently, this is the end of the conversation. Even though nothing has happened to me, I feel a little awkward and uncomfortable.
End of scene.
I am studying in a large computer lab. Fellow students surround me, perhaps about 30 or so. Sitting at a computer directly in front of me is a girl with long brown hair and a stylish hoodie, probably around 20 (we'll call her Jill).
Enters large man with white hair, a bristly beard, a pug nose, and a plaid jacket (we'll call him Ed. Because he looks like an Ed).
With confident steps, he boldly approaches Jill until he is standing directly in front of her.
*Keep in mind that throughout this entire dialogue, Ed is speaking at a volume so the majority of the room can hear what he is saying.
Ed: Do you know what your mother is going to say when I tell her you never came home last night?
Jill: (Cowering, she mumbles an inaudbile response)
Ed: What were you doing last night?
Jill: (She continues to cower. I cannot hear her response)
Ed: If you don't tell me, your mother is definitely going to hear that you didn't come home last night.
She turns to look at her father. I catch a glimpse of her profile. Her face is red and angry.
Jill: (Mumbles a response)
Ed: Well, all I can say is, you better be coming home for supper tonight.
Ed growls and mumbles and plops down in an empty seat, two away from Jill. Apparently, this is the end of the conversation. Even though nothing has happened to me, I feel a little awkward and uncomfortable.
End of scene.



4 Comments:
At 9:38 AM,
shareen said…
Did "Jill" look like me? And did "Ed" look like my friend Ryan? Again with the scenarios...but I have to admit, this is one we never thought of. :)
At 2:39 PM,
Anonymous said…
so awkward...poor Jill!
At 5:38 AM,
Lowell & Julie said…
Ooooo that's awkward. Once when Carlynne, my parents and I were at the airport, a girl was storming through the airport, with this guy right on her tail. She said at a very high volume, "No, I will NOT marry you!" Um....awkard? Yes. Acted out scenario? Perhaps, but I think not.
PS- Nice new background etc =)
At 4:40 PM,
sarah tiede said…
susan...sooooo good to hear from you! it was such a great suprise to see that you are doing so well...and married??? wonderful! susan, i can't wait to hear a little bit more about what's going on in your life. have a great week, and i hope to hear from you soon! love, sarah xx
Post a Comment
<< Home