Thursday, June 11, 2009

Time for an update!

I have a LOT to blog about, and finally I have an evening with nothing better to do than to write a new post! So, here it is...my list of updates!

1. School is out!! Woohoo! I really will miss the kiddles, but I am pumped to rejuvinate this summer. It was an awesome school year, even with the big learning curve, and I had the best group of teachers to work with. And this picture shows one of the best days of the year. Locals from the community with interesting jobs came to talk to our students on "Career Day." The kids' favorite; the FBI cops with the german shepard.



2. We have some super exciting plans...Tara and Jon are coming for 2 weeks and we'll drive down the coast to Florida, and then Trevor and Cheryl are coming and we have plans to go to Washington D.C., Baltimore, and New York! I can't wait!

3. We recently watched the Carolina Hurricanes play the Pittsburg Penguins in Raleigh. It was an incredible experience, and I loved seeing Malkin and Crosby play. We had a great time with Renn and Roger and enjoyed eating at Renn's recommendation; Chargrilles, where we had burgers and milkshakes.
Oh, and we saw good old "grapes" in the flesh! So exciting!


4. Speaking of celebrities, we also got to see Cal Ripkin Jr. when we were in Augusta, Georgia watching a baseball game! I should have tried to meet him, but he was very elusive, and snuck out of the stadium before the game even began! Oh well...I'll take the sighting.

5. We had recently begun drinking a mixture of aloe vera juice and green plant juice. It may sound and look a little sketchy, but we both love it! I think I actually do feel healthier already. :)

6. I have been experimenting with my herbs. Here are my latest creations.


This is green curry with breaded thyme shrimp, broccoli, baby corn, and zucchini.


My personal favorite...pesto pizza with spicy sausage, grilled chicken, peppers, cheddar cheese, and feta cheese. I will definitely make it again!

7. We volunteered to work at the Nascar Coco-Cola 600. Every stereotype I have ever had is true. I got called "darlin'" "sweetheart" and "ma'am" many MANY times, and I saw many a mullet and missing teeth. But seriously, these we some of the nicest people you will ever meet! I was entertained the whole time.


8. There really is much more to blog about...but to be honest, I'm a little tired and ready to watch "Dexter." I'm off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home