Bird Watching and Fabric Designs!
In the past few days, Darcen bought a bird feeder to put up on our back patio. Although I have always appreciated birds, I have never really been a birdwatcher....until now! I find myself peeking out our bedroom window or back door window multiple times a day, trying to catch a glimpse of the birds feeding. So far I have seen a few Carolina Wrens and Chickadees taking an interest in our feeder. This little guy below has been our most frequent visitor. He is getting more and more brave all the time! I can now sometimes be on the patio and he'll come within a few feet of me to eat for a few seconds.


When Amber and Stephen came to visit a few weeks ago, Amber and I were fortunate enough to get a lot of cool fabric pieces for free at a local fabric store! The manager was so kind, and gave bags full! Amber and I have been brainstorming, trying to come up with cool uses for the little pieces of fabric. I wasn't sure what to do, until about 9:30 P.M. yesterday!
Darcen and I put together a new shoe rack from Target, since our old one was falling apart.

Then all of a sudden, I had an inspiration! I covered the old shoe racks with some of my favorite fabric pieces, and ta da....wall art!! I was going to run out to buy a glue gun, but my handy stapler worked great to put the fabric in place!

Darcen put them up today, and I love how they compliment our bedroom. I am still not sure of the color scheme, but I'm working on it!




5 Comments:
At 12:48 PM,
Amber said…
Love your idea with the fabric!!
At 7:00 PM,
Renn said…
The art is awesome!!!
At 9:02 AM,
Lowell & Julie said…
I love that shoe rack/fabric idea! And we have an extra Ikea shoe rack kicking around. Hmmmm....
:)
At 5:30 PM,
Susan said…
Thanks! :) Now I just need to color coordinate our room!
At 9:42 PM,
Alexa said…
brilliant sue!!! I might have to copy you! hahaha
also I'm thinking about bringing blogging back!
Post a Comment
<< Home