Sunday, January 21, 2007

A Sewing Machine!

As an early birthday present (extremely early...my birthday is not until April), my Mom and Dad bought me a sewing machine that I have been wanting for awhile! Yahoo! Thank you Mom and Dad...you guys are the best! I have been inspired for about a year now to make my own handbags, and Darcen even bought me a designer handbag book for Christmas to get started.

So, this afternoon I familiarized myself with my new sewing machine and got sewing! And it was as fun as I remembered! Now that I have one handbag under my belt, I going to get a little more creative on my next one...maybe I'll create a symbol to put on it or something. Anyways, here it is! Now I suppose I will do some homework like I should've have been doing all day...but seriously, I couldn't just receive a sewing machine and leave it in the box!



18 Comments:

  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger Stephen and Amber said…

    That turned out great! I might have to look at everything you can do and place an order. Very cool!

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger Lowell & Julie said…

    Very cute Susan. You should start a business!!

     
  • At 5:06 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    love the handbag susan!!! let me know if you start selling them :)

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    Thanks you guys! :) We'll see how my skill goes in making them...

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger Alexa said…

    So that's what you do when I'm sleeping in!! Haha! I can't wait until I am your PR person in Sydney...those are gonna be a big hit there!!!

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger Becky said…

    Great job, Susan!

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Tracey & Chad said…

    Good job Sue! I took up sewing this year too (well, technically last year) and it's been one of the most rewarding hobbies so far. My nieces and nephew all got a homemade quilt for christmas, it is so great watching them carry them around like they're a treasure and knowing you made it :P

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Tracey & Chad said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Tracey & Chad said…

    Good job Sue! I took up sewing this year too (well, technically last year) and it's been one of the most rewarding hobbies so far. My nieces and nephew all got a homemade quilt for christmas, it is so great watching them carry them around like they're a treasure and knowing you made it :P

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger Tracey & Chad said…

    Good job Sue! I took up sewing this year too (well, technically last year) and it's been one of the most rewarding hobbies so far. My nieces and nephew all got a homemade quilt for christmas, it is so great watching them carry them around like they're a treasure and knowing you made it :P

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger Tracey & Chad said…

    Good job Sue! I took up sewing this year too (well, technically last year) and it's been one of the most rewarding hobbies so far. My nieces and nephew all got a homemade quilt for christmas, it is so great watching them carry them around like they're a treasure and knowing you made it :P

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Tracey & Chad said…

    Good job Sue! I took up sewing this year too (well, technically last year) and it's been one of the most rewarding hobbies so far. My nieces and nephew all got a homemade quilt for christmas, it is so great watching them carry them around like they're a treasure and knowing you made it :P

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Tracey & Chad said…

    Good job Sue! I took up sewing this year too (well, technically last year) and it's been one of the most rewarding hobbies so far. My nieces and nephew all got a homemade quilt for christmas, it is so great watching them carry them around like they're a treasure and knowing you made it :P

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Tracey & Chad said…

    Good job Sue! I took up sewing this year too (well, technically last year) and it's been one of the most rewarding hobbies so far. My nieces and nephew all got a homemade quilt for christmas, it is so great watching them carry them around like they're a treasure and knowing you made it :P

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Tracey & Chad said…

    Good job Sue! I took up sewing this year too (well, technically last year) and it's been one of the most rewarding hobbies so far. My nieces and nephew all got a homemade quilt for christmas, it is so great watching them carry them around like they're a treasure and knowing you made it :P

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Tracey & Chad said…

    Good job Sue! I took up sewing this year too (well, technically last year) and it's been one of the most rewarding hobbies so far. My nieces and nephew all got a homemade quilt for christmas, it is so great watching them carry them around like they're a treasure and knowing you made it :P

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Tracey & Chad said…

    Good job Sue! I took up sewing this year too (well, technically last year) and it's been one of the most rewarding hobbies so far. My nieces and nephew all got a homemade quilt for christmas, it is so great watching them carry them around like they're a treasure and knowing you made it :P

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    Tracey..you posted the same thing 11 times! Hehe..that's awesome.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home