Tuesday, January 16, 2007

To blog or not to blog

I have come to realize that about half my links, if not more, have begun to fade away from the blogging world. Perhaps they still "lurk" as Kim would say, but actually regular posting is a distant memory. I realize the expectations of daily life do hinder us to post regularly, but I have to admit I'm a little sad to say that many of my former active blogger friends have found the whole myspace world a little more exciting. Ah well, I suppose the day will come that I will convert myself fully to myspace, or maybe just go back to emailing consistently. So I ask you all, is this whole blogging world just a fad for you? Or are some of you committed members of the blogging community?

P.S. As a side note, I will attempt to stop posting about food that does not appear so appealing. I apologize to anyone who has been offended by the chilidog picture (Julie), or the cochicken (Kim, Jenessa, Shareen, and Ashley). And I'm sure there's been more. Sorry! :)

10 Comments:

  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger shareen said…

    I wasn't disturbed by the post persay (although I would never in a million years eat it--not even if you invited me over for a special dinner and that's what you were serving...I'm afraid I would have to macgyver my way out of that one somehow) but more by the combination and the fact that we use that same blender and work and now I won't be able to make people their non-fat, no-whip, extra-hit, half-sweet mocha frap's without thinking of grinding up chickens with coke as a mixer. :)

    But I appreciate it when you blog...even about fun stuff like that, because then I get to read it. And where else would I have heard about that kind of stuff?

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Shareen - would you come over for supper if it was chilidogs? Or would that be too much to ask? :)

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger KimberlyJoy said…

    Suzy-Q! Don't stop blogging... don't leave us for MySpace! I was very impressed by the way that you did your research to find out how much that blender cost....yikes... $500! I would way rather have a KitchenAide mixer... now that is my dream appliance!

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's hard to say...I personally have not been an avid blogger for a very long time...Although I think I hang onto my blog with the hopes that one day I too will regain momentum. I don't want it to be a fad...Although it does seem that way.

    Maybe you should be my inspiration! Afterall, you were not near the avid blogger in Lethbridge as you now are up north...Maybe I just need a change in location??...

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Regardless, I do love reading your blog!!!

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Aww..thanks Nadine! :) It was nice to see you and Jason up in E-town. Finally, I was able to see you two as a couple...congrats on 6 months!

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger Lowell & Julie said…

    Susan, Susan, silly silly Susan. I was most certainly not offended by the chili dog picture! I just think most things taste better blended- that's why I voted for the cochicken. That, and b/c I was just being a dork. I'm sure you understand :)
    I INSIST that you keep blogging. ALL your posts are fun!

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Stephen and Amber said…

    Keep blogging...maybe no weird hot dog posts though. Hee, hee

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    A little part of me is sad that nobody wants to come over for chilidogs. :) Ah well. hehe. Thanks everyone for your blogging support!

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger shareen said…

    I could do chilidogs...I love chili, I love hot dogs! And if there was a game on? SCORE!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home